If you’re new to yoga, we’re glad you’re beginning a new journey. Let us help you navigate!
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline, originating in India. The word yoga in Sanskrit literally translates to “yoke,” meaning to join or unite. The goal of a yoga practice is to bring the body and mind together into one experience.
Build on three main structures— exercise, breathing, and meditation— the yoga practice is designed to increase the body’s efficiency and total health.
Satori Yoga Studio is devoted to helping urban professionals relax, unwind, and move their bodies, and so our classes emphasize stress reduction and relaxation. Our mission is to allow students to depart from their work environments and have the opportunity to look within, refocus, and regain a sometimes lost sense of perspective.
We recommend beginners start out with Level 1-2 or 1-3. These classes focus on teaching the foundation necessary to build a safe, lifelong practice. Get the personal attention you deserve by choosing the right class level for you.
1: Beginner/Gentle (I’ve taken 0-5 Classes)
2: Intermediate (I’ve taken 6+ Classes)
3: Advanced (I am familiar with headstands, backbends)
We also offer private Yoga classes to students who want a more private introduction to Yoga, please contact us to schedule your session.
Satori Yoga Studio offers several traditions of yoga, including: Hatha, Iyengar, and Vinyasa. Learn more.
While individual classes will vary to some extent, yoga classes at Satori are made up of a series of poses called asanas. Asanas include standing poses, seated poses, twists, forward bends, back bends, and inversions.
– Wear workout clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in. Socks and shoes are not worn during class.
– It’s best not to eat a big meal at least 2-3 hours before class. Avoid drinking too much water during class, but remember to hydrate afterwards.
– All of our classes are drop-in, so there is no need to reserve a spot.
– Before class begins, let the instructor know about anything that might affect your practice, such as injuries, pregnancy, recent illness, chronic health conditions, anxiety, depression, migraines, etc. Women who are menstruating will do alternative poses, guided by the instructor, during poses that are not recommended for menstruation.
– If it’s your very first class, please arrive about 10 minutes early to register, purchase a class card, and get acquainted with the studio.
– Satori has changing rooms as well as cubby space for your clothing and personal items. Shoes and coats can be stored on the shelves in the changing area. Please take all valuables into the studio and place them in the cubbies.
– Please be sure to turn off your cell phone.
– Rehydrate with some complimentary filtered water. Freshen up before heading back to the office with hot towels infused with aromatherapy oils.
Satori provides Yoga mats along with all the other Yoga props you will need to participate in class at no cost. Hand towels may be rented for $1. We also provide complimentary filtered water; however, we discourage students from bringing open containers (i.e., glasses and cups) into the studio during classes. We do not have showers; however, we do have hot towels on hand to help you freshen up.
Satori has changing rooms as well as cubby space for your clothing and personal items during class.
We do not currently offer showers. We do provide hot, moist towels soaked in aromatherapy oils so you can freshen up before heading back to the office.
Satori offers Jo-sha Yoga mat cleansing wipes, eye pillows, and gift certificates. We also have online partnerships with many retailers that offer products such as clothing, mats, straps, and blocks.