September 21 &?22, 28th & 29th
12:00 – 3:30pm
$200 for series, limited to 12 students
In this two week series we will demystify fundamental poses of the Vinyasa Yoga.
With the tremendous rise in the popularity of vinyasa yoga these days, classes are often full, making it hard to get personalized cues and hands on assists.
We will review just the appropriate amount of anatomy, the proper alignment for the most commonly taught postures and most importantly the vinyasa yoga: linking the breath to the transitions and poses.
This series could be useful for everyone: new students will gain the skillset needed to attend public classes and experienced yogis will revisit and finetune alignment technique in their yoga practice.
Day 1 – Anatomy of the Shoulders + Breakdown of the Vinyasa
Day 2 – Anatomy of the Hips and Sacrum + Warrior II Family Poses
Day 3 – Anatomy of the Legs and Feet + Feet Parallel Family Poses
Day 4 – Anatomy of the Spine + Warrior I and Twist Family Poses
Expect to learn:
- Alignment for the most frequently taught yoga poses including Downward Facing Dog, Chaturanga, Warrior Poses etc.
- Understand the difference between Cobra, Sphinx, Upward Facing Dog and Locust.
- How to properly and safely move through Chaturanga for sustainable yoga practice.
- How to link the breath to the movement.
- How to find a modification that works in your own body.
Rea is a RYT-500 yoga instructor based in San Francisco. Her classes are grounded and intentional, she creates methodical and creative sequences combined with attention to alignment and detail. She emphasizes focus on moving with the breath to cultivate grounding and calming the mind.
Having trouble registering online? Please email us and we will gladly register you! email@example.com